Anita Patrickson is quickly becoming LA's go-to celebrity stylist. After having been raised in South Africa, educated in London and traveled extensively, you could say she's a citizen of the world. These rich, multi-cultural experiences have influenced her natural and eclectic sense when it comes to fashion and style.
After relocating to Los Angeles, she honed her talents, working for Allure magazine, styling celebrity covers for big stars like Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez and Katherine Heigl. This laid the foundation for her solo career, styling for magazines such as Elle, Instyle, Lucky, Vanity Fair and Esquire, and dressing the likes of Emma Watson, Julianne Hough, Nina Dobrev, Kate Walsh and Taylor Kitsch.
Patrickson's also branched into television, film and commercials working on The Vampire Diaries, Nike, Pantene and Rolex, as well as Paramount, Warner Bros. and CW Network to name a few. With regular appearances on America's Next Top Model and now a style segment on The Kris Jenner Show, this talented and vivacious woman is turning up the heat on the red carpet in Hollywood and abroad!
"My life is less of a drama and tends
to verge on the ridiculous a lot of the time."
I can't watch movies without...
Which famous people share your birthday?
- Lebron James, Tiger Woods and Tyrese Gibson. We’re a pretty buff group! (30 December)
What is the first film you remember watching?
- My parents took me to see Gorillas in the Mist in a tiny rinky-dink theatre in the Orange Free State in South Africa.
What's the worst movie you've ever seen?
- Candy Man! I saw it at a sleepover when I was 9 and it gave me nightmares for about a month! Served me right for pretending to be so bad ass!
Which movies have made you tearful?
- Which don’t?! I tear up in commercials.
Who is the most famous movie star you've ever met?
- Dinner with Al Pacino and one other mutual friend in a tiny cozy little Italian restaurant in LA, was pretty cool. He made me try everything he ordered.
What's your favourite movie line?
- It isn’t from a movie, but in anticipation of the Arrested Development movie I am going with a Gob Bluth line: “It’s an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money”. Makes me laugh every time I hear it. I realize that if you don’t watch Arrested Development this might make me sound like a bit of a freak…
Who would you choose to play you in your biopic?
- Amy Poehler. My life is less of a drama and tends to verge on the ridiculous a lot of the time.
If you could produce a movie, what would it be about?
- I’d love to do a wildlife documentary on the Masai Mara in Kenya, which is where my parents were born, and one of my favorite places in the world …or a comedy with Will Ferrell and Vince Vaughn. Just swinging to either end of the spectrum there.
Finally, your top ten movies of all-time...
- Beasts of the Southern Wild ...amazing movie. Creative genius!
- The Godfather ...all three.
- The Duchess and the Dirtwater Fox ...always makes me laugh. Goldie Hawn is hilarious!
- Casablanca ...it’s on every list for a reason.
- Heat ...Pacino and De Niro. Say no more.
- La Dolce Vita ...just a gorgeous movie.
- Practical Magic ...I know it’s a chick flick, but it still rocks!
- Scarface ..."Say hello to my little friend!"
- Searching for Sugar Man ...phenomenal human being. I love documentaries and this one was so inspiring. Plus, I’m South African so I grew up on his music!
- The Pelican Brief...nothing like Julia Roberts and a good 90’s thriller. Just has to be done sometimes.
Top Ten Movies with... is a people series on SPL!NG, featuring a host of celebrities ranging from up-and-coming to established personalities from all industries including, but not limited to: Internet, Radio, TV, Film, Music, Art and Entrepreneurs. It's a chance to discover who they are, find out where they're at and to get a fun inside look at their taste in movies.